Ready to try out that new audition aria? Unsure of which aria is the best starter? Trying to decide on the most flattering outfit for the audition?
Fix Your 5 is a two-day PVI event designed for singers to work with and sing for conductors, coaches, arts managers and industry professionals in preparation for upcoming auditions. The sessions are Friday Sept. 7th from 5-9pm and Saturday Sept. 9th from 10am-9pm. Singers will receive two private coachings, perform on 1 of 3 masterclasses, audition for our panel, receive one on one feedback from each panelist, participate in a Q&A session, and perform in our concert of New Arias for family, friends, and invited guests.
The audition panel this year will be:
- Antony Walker, Music Director - Pittsburgh Opera & Washington Concert Opera
- Kristin Cowdin, President and Artist Manager of Sempre Artists
- Scott Guzielek, Director of Artistic Operations - Palm Beach Opera
- Marsha LeBeouf, Costume Director - Washington National Opera
- Alex Fletcher, President of Fletcher Artist Management
- Julia Cooke, Executive Director of Baltimore Concert Opera
- Hannah Goldshlack-Wolf, Senior Public Relations Associate - Kirshbaum Associates, Inc.
Coachings and masterclasses with:
- Elizabeth Bishop
- Ken Weiss
- Rachelle Jonck
- Patrick O'Donnell
Space is limited so that each singer will have individualized attention.
Cost - $350 Registration will open on August 1, 2018.
Schedule of Events
(Subject to change and availability)
Friday Sept. 7
- 5-9pm Individual 45 minute private coaching sessions with one of our 4 coaches
- 7pm New Aria Recital
- 5-7pm, 8-9pm Masterclass 1 with Betsy Bishop
Saturday Sept. 8
- 9-10am Q&A Session with Kristin Cowdin
- 10am-12:30pm Masterclass 2 with Ken Weiss
- 10am-2pm Individual 45 minute private coaching sessions with one of our 4 coaches
- 12:45-4:45pm Auditions for Industry Panel
- 5:30-7pm One on one individual feedback sessions with Panel
- 7pm Masterclass 3 with Betsy Bishop